Uneven concrete slab repair using polyurethane injections can be performed on walkways, pathways, and driveways to patios, pool decks, and ramps. Bay Area Underpinning offers solutions for concrete leveling in Solano County, Contra Costa County, Yolo County, Sacramento County, our solution can restore the appearance and structural integrity of your sunken slab.
Why Does Concrete Settle?
What Is Polyurethane Foam Injection?
Polyurethane foam injection is a method of lifting and leveling uneven concrete surfaces such as walkways, driveways, patios, ada ramps, and pool decks. Typically used on trippings hazards or areas that are experiencing voids. It’s a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to tearing up the slab and pouring new concrete.
Steps to Polyurethane Lifting
- ⅝ ” holes are drilled into the affected slab in a grid pattern as needed. In some cases we will use ⅜” with our Poly Badger (smaller poly machine) and for special injections.
- Polyurethane foam is injected under the slab via the holes.
- The foam immediately begins to expand from the pressure and raises the slab.
- Once the slab has been raised, the holes are patched with a compound that best matches the color of the concrete.
Read more about – How to repair uneven floor?
How Long Does Polyjacking Take?
It usually takes no more than a few hours to raise an uneven sidewalk, driveway, patio, etc. Fifteen minutes after the repair is complete, the slab is ready for use again.
Benefits of Polyurethane Foam: “Raise it, Don’t Replace It”
Advantages of Polyurethane Foam
- High Expansion
- Works to displace water if present
- Makes bond with soil and concrete
- Closed cell, low in weight
- 90% full strength within 15-20 minutes
How Much Poly Foam Injection Costs?
The cost of polyurethane foam injection depends primarily on the size of the affected area and ease of access. Each project is case by case, that is why we offer homeowners a free tripping hazard evaluation. Contact us today to schedule your evaluation and receive a concrete leveling estimate.