Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Walnut Creek CA
Do you have a problem with an unsightly concrete slab such as a sidewalk or driveway? We’re Bay Area Underpinning and we’ve been lifting and leveling concrete slabs in Walnut Creek since 2005. We use a method called polyurethane foam injection, or ”slabjacking” for short. It usually only takes a few hours, and you can use the slab right away after the repair is complete.
If you’re tired of looking at your uneven slab, contact us today. We can lift it, level it, and make it look like new in no time flat! Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Sunken, uneven concrete sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks are definitely eyesores. However, they’re also trip hazards. If someone gets injured on your property you could find yourself facing a lawsuit. Therefore, you should repair your sunken slabs as soon as possible.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Walnut Creek, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
"*" indicates required fields
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- It’s a solution that lasts. Because polyurethane foam doesn’t add additional weight to the soil, there’s no chance your slab will continue sinking even after the repair is complete. This can happen with mudjacking, because the slurry used to lift the slab contains cement. In contrast, polyurethane foam is ultra lightweight.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Polyurethane foam injection is a cost-effective alternative to ripping up the old slab and pouring a new one.
- It usually only takes a few hours to complete. Polyurethane foam injection – in most cases – is a quick procedure. After the repair is complete, you can immediately start using the slab again.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is able to lift and level a sunken concrete slab without adding more weight to the soil. In contrast, mudjacking uses a heavy cement slurry which is just one more thing for the soil to support.
- It doesn’t harm the environment. Polyurethane foam is a green solution that won’t release harmful chemicals into the soil.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. When the soil under and around your foundation gets saturated with water, it can lead to erosion and voids, which the foundation will then sink into.
Weak soil that’s unable to support a concrete slab. Concrete slabs are heavy, and not all types of soil are strong enough to support them.
Expansive soil. Expansive soils are those that expand as they absorb water and shrink when they dry out. Over time this will cause concrete slabs to become uneven.
Invasive tree roots. You’ve no doubt seen this many times in your life. The tree’s roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
In the not so distant past, sunken, unlevel concrete slabs including sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks were repaired either by digging up and replacing the slab, or via a repair method called ”mudjacking”. These weren’t the best solutions though, and we’ll explain why. Today, polyurethane foam injection is the method of choice for lifting and leveling a concrete slab.
The repair method known as ”mudjacking” uses a cement slurry (soil, water, cement) to lift and level a concrete slab. However, the slurry is heavy because it contains cement. This is a problem because one of the main reasons slabs sink is weak soil that’s not able to support the slab. If this is the case, mudjacking certainly isn’t going to help. In fact, it could even make things worse.
Replacing an uneven slab means digging up the old one, and then pouring new concrete. However, this is both expensive and time-consuming. Whenever you pour new concrete you need to give it time to dry and harden (cure). That means you won’t be able to use your new slab right away. That’s pretty inconvenient. Also, if the old slab sank due to weak soil, the new one will as well.
Whatever you do, don’t dump new concrete on top of a sinking slab! That will just add more weight to it, and cause it to sink even more.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection – commonly referred to as ‘’slabjacking’’ – is a fast, minimally-invasive repair method that involves injecting a lightweight and rapidly-expanding foam under a concrete slab in order to raise it back to where it was before. It usually only takes a few hours, and when it’s done you can start using the slab again right away.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Walnut Creek CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Walnut Creek CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.