Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting San Ramon CA
Do you have a sunken slab that needs concrete leveling and concrete lifting in San Ramon CA? If so, you’re in the right place! At Bay Area Underpinning we can help you lift and level your uneven sidewalk, driveway, garage floor, pool deck, or any other type of unlevel concrete slab in San Ramon using a procedure called polyurethane foam injection, or slabjacking for short.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
While it’s true that sunken, uneven concrete sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks are definitely eyesores, they’re more than this. They’re also a safety hazard, and if someone trips and gets injured, you could find yourself facing a lawsuit. Therefore, you don’t want to put this repair on the back burner.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in San Ramon, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting – also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection – are many, including:
- It’s a repair that lasts. A concrete slab will sink if it’s sitting on soil that can’t support it. An older method of repairing sunken concrete slabs called ”mudjacking” uses a heavy cement slurry to lift the slab. The problem with mudjacking is that the cement slurry just adds more weight to soil that’s probably already having trouble holding up the slab. This could cause the slab to sink even more and then you’ll be facing another repair. In contrast, polyurethane foam is super lightweight and won’t add additional weight to the soil.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Polyurethane foam injection doesn’t cost as much as digging up the sunken slab and replacing it with a new one.
- The repair can usually be done in just a few hours. Most sunken concrete slabs can be lifted via polyurethane foam injection in 2-3 hours.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is able to lift and level a concrete slab without adding extra weight to the soil.
- It’s environmentally-friendly. Polyurethane foam won’t leach harmful chemicals into the soil.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. If there’s too much water in the soil, it can cause erosion and lead to voids under the slab.
The soil is weak and not able to support the slab. Not all soils are alike. Some are able to support a concrete slab and some aren’t.
The slab is sitting on expansive soil. Expansive soil expands when it soaks up water and shrinks when it dries out. Over time this swelling-shrinking cycle – which is usually seasonal – can cause uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. This is where tree roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Uneven concrete slabs were once repaired in one of two ways. Either they were fixed via a technique called “mudjacking”, or the sunken slab was dug up and replaced with a new one. Neither one of these methods was the perfect solution though. We’ll explain how both work, and then we’ll explain why polyurethane foam injection is the best way to lift and level a concrete slab.
Mudjacking involves pumping a slurry (made up of soil, water, and cement) under the slab in order to lift it back up. The slurry is heavy though because there’s cement in it. If the soil was already unable to hold up the slab, adding a heavy, cement slurry to it is only going to cause it to sink even more. That’s not what you want.
Replacing an uneven concrete slab is a time-consuming procedure that includes tearing up the old slab and then pouring a new one. It’s time-consuming because freshly poured concrete needs time to dry and cure (harden). So, you won’t be able to use the new slab right away. Also, if the slab sunk because the soil wasn’t capable of supporting it, the new slab will sink as well.
Of course, you should never even think about adding concrete on top of a slab in order to even it out. This will only add even more weight to an already sinking slab.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a quick, minimally-invasive, procedure that uses a super lightweight and rapidly-expanding foam to lift the slab. It usually doesn’t take more than a few hours, and as soon as it’s done, the slab is ready for use again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In San Ramon CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in San Ramon CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.
Foundation Repair Reviews
Northern California can depend on us for expert foundation repair and replacement services such as push piers, polyurethane foam injection, helical piers and more.