Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Sacramento CA
Are you tired of looking at your uneven, unattractive sidewalk, driveway, pool deck, garage floor or some other type of concrete slab? If you’re looking for concrete leveling and lifting (also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection) in Sacramento CA, your search is over.
We’re Bay Area Underpinning and we’ve been hard at work lifting and leveling sunken concrete slabs in Sacramento, CA since 2005. We can lift, level, and make your concrete slab beautiful again in no time flat. Most leveling and lifting repairs take no more than a few hours.
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Don’t wait until someone trips, gets injured, and then sues you because of your sunken slab. If you have an uneven concrete slab, contact us today and we’ll come out for an inspection and estimate.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Sacramento, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- You’ll only need to repair it once. Polyurethane foam doesn’t weight much at all, and won’t add additional weight to the soil under the slab. Another method for repairing a sinking slab – mudjacking – uses a heavy cement slurry to lift the slab. This could easily have the opposite effect because if the soil already wasn’t able to support the slab, mudjacking could make it worse and you’ll find yourself facing another repair.
- It’s an inexpensive solution. Compared to digging up and replacing the sunken slab, concrete leveling and lifting via polyurethane foam injection is a cost-effective solution.
- It usually only takes a few hours. Most polyurethane foam injection lifting and leveling jobs only take a few hours, and then you can use the slab immediately after the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is able to easily lift and level concrete without adding extra weight to the soil. That means your slab won’t start to sink again.
- It’s a green solution. Polyurethane foam doesn’t release harmful chemicals into the soil. Therefore, this is an environmentally-friendly solution you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. Too much water under a slab will wash away soil and leave voids behind.
Weak soil that can’t hold up the slab. Not all soils have the capability to support a heavy concrete slab.
Expansive soil. If your concrete slab is sitting atop expansive soil that expands as it soaks up water and shrinks as it dries out, it will eventually become uneven.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. Tree roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Traditionally, two different methods were used to repair an uneven concrete slab: a procedure calling ”mudjacking” and digging up the old slab and pouring a new one. Both solutions though have their drawbacks as you shall see. Today, almost all uneven concrete slabs are repaired via Polyurethane Foam Injection.
Mudjacking uses a slurry containing water, soil, and cement to lift the sunken slab. The main problem with this technique is the weight of the slurry. It’s heavy because it contains cement. If the soil was already having difficulty supporting your sidewalk or driveway, adding even more weight to it in the form of a cement slurry isn’t going to help.
Tearing up an uneven slab and pouring a new one is an expensive, time-consuming fix. Whenever you pour a new concrete slab, you need to give it time to harden (cure) and dry. That means you won’t be able to use it right away. This is inconvenient. Also, if the soil wasn’t able to hold up the old slab, it won’t be able to hold up the new one either.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is an inexpensive and minimally-invasive technique that injects a super lightweight and rapidly-expanding foam under a concrete slab in order to raise it back to its original position. It’s a quick repair, and when it’s done you can start using the slab again right away.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In El Cerrito CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Sacramento CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.