Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Pinole CA
Are you looking for concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Pinole CA? If so, you’ve landed on the right page! We’re Bay Area Underpinning and since 2005 we’ve been lifting and leveling sunken concrete slabs such as sidewalks and driveways using polyurethane foam injection (slabjacking).
Uneven concrete is an eyesore, but you don’t have to live with it because we can make it beautiful again in no time flat. Most lifting jobs take only a few hours.
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Don’t wait until someone trips, gets injured, and sues you. If you have a sunken concrete slab, give us a call today!
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Pinole, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- It’s a long term solution. Polyurethane foam is extremely lightweight. An older method of concrete lifting called “mudjacking” uses a heavy cement slurry to lift the concrete. If the slab sunk because the soil wasn’t able to support it – which is very common – mudjacking could make it sink even deeper into the soil. This won’t happen with polyurethane injection.
- It’s budget-friendly. Polyurethane foam injection is easier on the pocketbook that replacing the concrete.
- Most jobs can be completed in just a few hours. Polyurethane foam injection can usually be completed in 2-3 hours. Immediately after the repair is complete, you can begin using the slab again.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam lifts and levels concrete without adding extra weight to the soil.
- It’s a green solution. Polyurethane foam won’t release harmful chemicals into the soil. Therefore, it’s an environmentally-friendly solution you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
There’s too much water under the slab. Drainage problems can wash away the soil and eventually leave behind voids.
Weak soil. Sometimes the soil simply isn’t able to support something heavy like a concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soils are those that expand when they take on water and shrink when they dry out. Over time this seasonal swelling-shrinking cycle can cause uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Sunken concrete slabs used to be fixed either by digging up and replacing them, or via a procedure referred to as “mudjacking”. Both have their drawbacks though, as you shall see. That’s why today, most lifting jobs are done via polyurethane foam injection.
Mudjacking involves drilling small holes in the concrete and then injecting a cement slurry under the slab in order to lift it back up. The problem is the weight of the slurry. Since it contains cement, it’s not exactly lightweight, and this could cause the slab to sink even deeper into the soil.
When you replace a concrete slab, you rip up the old one, and pour new concrete. This isn’t a quick fix though. Newly-poured concrete takes some time to dry and cure (harden). Also, if the soil wasn’t able to hold up the old slab, it won’t be able to hold up the new one either.
Whatever you do, don’t even think about pouring new concrete on top of a sunken slab in order to even it out. You’ll only be adding more weight to the soil, and this could cause the slab to sink even deeper.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a fast, minimally-invasive concrete lifting procedure that uses a lightweight and rapidly-expanding foam to lift the slab. It involves drilling a few holes in the concrete, and then injecting the special foam under the slab. The foam immediately starts expanding and this is what lifts the slab. Most jobs can be completed in just a few hours, and then you can immediately start using the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Pinole CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Pinole CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.