Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Natomas CA
Do you have a problem with a sunken sidewalk, driveway, or some other concrete slab and need concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Natomas CA? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We’re Bay Area Underpinning and we’ve been repairing foundation leveling and lifting concrete slabs in Natomas CA since 2005
Sunken, unlevel concrete is more than just unsightly. It’s also a trip hazard and a liability issue that could lead to injuries and even lawsuits. Contact us today. We’ll come out, take a look at your problem, and then give you a free estimate.
Short on time? Scroll to the bottom of this page and check out our customer reviews.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Uneven concrete slabs are definitely an eyesore. However, they’re also dangerous. If someone trips, falls, and gets injured, you could face a lawsuit. So, this isn’t a repair you want to put on the back burner.
At Bay Area Underpinning we level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Natomas, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
"*" indicates required fields
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting via polyurethane foam injection – also known as ”slabjacking” – include:
- It’s a permanent fix. Because polyurethane foam is a very lightweight material, it doesn’t add additional weight to the soil under the slab. Older ways of leveling concrete – such as mudjacking – will lift the concrete temporarily, but can ultimately fail because the slurry used is a mix of water, soil, and cement. Cement is heavy, and this adds more weight to soil that’s already having trouble supporting the slab.
- It’s cost-effective solution. Leveling and lifting the slab via polyurethane foam injection is less expensive than replacing the slab.
- It’s a fast repair. Repairs usually take no more than a few hours. About 15 minutes after the repair is complete you can start using the slab again.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is able to lift and level a concrete slab without adding extra weight to the soil.
- Polyurethane foam is a green solution. Because it doesn’t release harmful chemicals into the soil, it’s an environmentally-friendly solution you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become unlevel for a variety of reasons including…
Too much water under the slab. Drainage problems under a slab can lead to excess water that washes away the soil and leaves behind voids.
Expansive soils. All soils are not alike. Expansive soils expand as they soak up water and contract as they dry out. This causes movement in the soil and over time this repeated swelling and shrinking can lead to uneven slabs.
Soil that isn’t able to support the slab. Sometimes the soil under a concrete slab isn’t strong enough to support the weight.
Invasive tree roots. You’ve undoubtedly encountered this many times in your life. Invasive tree roots push against a slab and cause areas of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Traditionally, uneven concrete sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks were repaired using either mudjacking or by digging up the old slab and replacing it with a brand new one. However, both of these methods have problems. You’ll see that polyurethane foam injection is the best method for lifting and leveling concrete slabs.
Mudjacking involves injecting a slurry composed of water, soil, and cement under the slab in order to lift it back up again. The problem with mudjacking is that while it might temporarily lift the slab, it also adds a significant amount of weight to soil that might already be having trouble supporting the slab.
Sometimes, concrete slabs are simply dug up and then replaced with new slabs. This takes a lot of work, making concrete replacement both a time-consuming and expensive repair. Freshly poured concrete takes time to dry and harden. That means there’s going to be a certain amount of downtime as you wait for the slab to be ready for use again. Also, if the soil was unable to hold up the old slab, it’s not going to be able to hold up the new slab either.
Of course, you should never entertain the idea of adding more concrete to a slab in order to level it out. This just adds more weight and will cause it to sink even further into the soil.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection is a cost-effective, minimally-invasive procedure that pumps a lightweight foam underneath the slab in order to raise it back to where it was before. The repair is usually over within 2-3 hours, and then you can immediately start using the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Natomas CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Natomas CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.