Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Napa CA
Tired of looking at your ugly, sunken sidewalk, driveway, or pool deck? Looking for concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Napa CA? We’re Bay Area Underpinning and we’ve been lifting uneven concrete slabs in Napa using polyurethane foam injection since 2005.
If you’ve got uneven concrete, contact us today so that we can come out and make it beautiful again in no time flat! Before you leave, don’t forget to scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Sunken concrete slabs are both a trip hazard and a liability. If someone gets injured on your property, you could end up getting sued. Therefore, this isn’t a repair you want to postpone for long.
We are able to lift and level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Napa, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting – also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection – are many, including:
- It’s a solution that lasts. The extremely lightweight nature of polyurethane foam means it won’t add more weight to the soil. Other ways of lifting concrete – for example, mudjacking – might raise the slab temporarily. However, the cement slurry used to lift the slab weighs quite a bit. If the soil was having trouble supporting the concrete before, adding more weight to it isn’t going to help.
- It’s easy on the budget. When compared to digging up and replacing a slab, concrete leveling and lifting via polyurethane foam injection is a cost-effective solution.
- It’s a quick and easy repair. Polyurethane foam injection usually only takes a few hours, tops, and you can use the slab immediately after the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam lifts and levels concrete without burdening the soil with additional weight.
- It won’t harm the environment. Polyurethane foam won’t leach harmful chemicals into the soil. Therefore, it’s a green solution you can feel comfortable using on your property.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. Too much water in the soil under the slab can cause erosion and lead to voids.
The soil isn’t strong enough to support a concrete slab. Soils are not all alike. Some don’t have the ability to hold up a heavy slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soil expands as it absorbs water and then shrinks as it dries out. Over time, this swelling-shrinking cycle can eventually lead to an unlevel slab.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Traditionally, uneven concrete slabs were repaired either via “mudjacking”, or by removing the unlevel slab and pouring a new one. Both these methods were less than ideal and that’s why, today, almost all sunken concrete slabs are lifted via polyurethane foam injection.
Mudjacking uses a cement slurry to raise the slab. The problem here is the weight of the slurry. It’s heavy because it contains cement. If the soil was already struggling to hold up the slab, you shouldn’t be adding additional weight to it. That could cause it to sink even more.
A sunken concrete slab can also be dug up and replaced. However, this fix is both time-consuming and expensive. Newly-poured concrete takes time to dry and while this is happening, you won’t be able to use the slab. Also, if the soil was struggling to hold up the old slab, it will also struggle to hold up the new one.
Whatever you do, don’t add fresh concrete to the top of a sunken slab in order to even it out. The additional weight will almost certainly cause it to sink even deeper into the soil.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a cost-effective and minimally-invasive method for lifting sunken concrete. The extremely lightweight and rapidly-expanding foam is injected under the sunken slab and this lifts it back up. It’s a quick repair, and when it’s done you can start using the slab again right away.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Napa CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Napa CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.