Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Moraga CA
Are you looking for concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Moraga CA because you can no longer bear the sight of your uneven sidewalk, driveway, or pool deck? If so, we can help! We’re Bay Area Underpinning, and since 2005 we’ve been helping customers in Moraga with concrete leveling and lifting using a minimally-invasive technique called polyurethane foam injection, also known as ”slabjacking”.
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page!
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Sunken concrete slabs aren’t just an eyesore. They’re also a trip hazard. If someone falls and gets injured, you could find yourself facing a lawsuit. So, this isn’t a repair you want to postpone for long. Contact us today and we’ll make your uneven slab beautiful again in no time flat.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Moraga, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- You’ll only need to repair it once. Polyurethane foam is extremely lightweight and won’t burden the soil with additional weight. An older method of lifting – mudjacking – uses a heavy cement slurry to raise the slab. However, slabs often become uneven because the soil isn’t able to support them. Therefore, adding even more weight to the soil in the form of a cement slurry will not solve the problem. In fact, it could make the slab sink even more.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Polyurethane foam injection is less expensive than digging up and replacing the slab.
- Most jobs can be completed in just a few hours. Polyurethane foam injection is a quick repair, and as soon as it’s done, you can start using the slab again.
- It’s extremely lightweight. The fact that polyurethane foam is lightweight makes it perfect for lifting and leveling sunken concrete.
- It’s a green solution. Polyurethane foam will not leach into the soil under the slab. It’s an environmentally-friendly solution you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. An excess amount of water under the slab can cause soil erosion which leads to voids. It is these voids that the slab then sinks into.
The soil under the slab is weak. Some types of soil aren’t strong enough to hold up a heavy concrete slab. If you build on top of them, the slab will eventually become uneven.
Expansive soil. Expansive soils are those that swell when they absorb water and then shrink when they dry out. Over time this seasonal swelling-shrinking cycle can cause uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. You’ve no doubt seen this yourself many times. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
In the not-so-distant past uneven concrete was fixed either by digging up and replacing it, or via a repair method commonly referred to as ”mudjacking”. Both methods have their drawbacks though. That’s why today, almost all unlevel concrete slabs are lifted and leveled using polyurethane foam injection.
The mudjacking procedure uses a cement slurry (soil, water, and cement) to lift the slab. Small holes are drilled in the concrete, and then the slurry is injected under it in order to raise it back up. The problem here is the weight of the slurry. It’s heavy because it contains cement. If the soil was struggling to support the old slab, adding even more weight to it isn’t going to help.
Replacing an unlevel slab means removing the old slab and then pouring a new one. This fix is both expensive and time-consuming. Newly poured concrete cannot be used right away. It needs time to dry and harden (cure). Also, if the soil wasn’t able to support the old slab, it won’t be able to support the new slab either.
Don’t even think about pouring new concrete on top of a sinking slab in order to even it out. If the slab is sinking because the soil isn’t able to hold it up, adding more weight to it will cause it to sink even more.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a fast, minimally-invasive procedure for lifting and leveling a concrete slab. Like mudjacking, it involves drilling small holes in the concrete (they’ll be filled later). However, instead of a heavy cement slurry, an ultra-lightweight polyurethane foam is injected under the slab. It expands almost immediately, and as it does, it lifts the slab back up. As soon as the repair is complete, you can use the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In El Cerrito CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Moraga CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.