Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Martinez CA
Are you looking for concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Martinez CA? If so, you’ve landed on the right page. If you’re having trouble with a sunken sidewalk, pool deck, driveway, or another type of concrete slab in Martinez CA, we can help. We’re Bay Area Underpinning and for the past 15 years we’ve been fixing foundations and leveling and lifting slabs in Martinez CA.
Uneven concrete isn’t just an eyesore. It’s also a trip hazard and a liability issue. Give us a call today. We’ll come out, lift and level your sunken concrete slab, and make it beautiful again! Don’t forget to check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Uneven concrete is more than just an eyesore. Unlevel sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks are also trip hazards that could result in injuries and lawsuits. Therefore, this isn’t a repair you want to put off for very long.
At Bay Area Underpinning we’re able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Martinez, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting via polyurethane foam injection – also known as ”slabjacking” – include:
- It’s permanent. Your slab won’t start to sink again. Polyurethane foam is a very lightweight material. That means it won’t add more weight to the soil. This is important because older methods of leveling concrete – such as mudjacking – may lift the concrete temporarily, but can ultimately fail because the cement slurry used is heavy. This adds even more weight to soil that’s already having trouble supporting the slab.
- It’s less expensive than replacing the concrete. Concrete leveling and lifting via polyurethane foam injection is a cost-effective alternative to replacing the concrete.
- It’s a quick repair. You can start using the slab again as soon as the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. As we mentioned above, polyurethane foam is able to lift and level concrete without adding extra weight to the soil.
- Polyurethane foam doesn’t harm the environment. Because polyurethane foam doesn’t release harmful chemicals into the soil, it’s a green solution you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems that contribute to too much water under the slab. This excess water washes away the soil under the slab and leaves behind voids that the slab will then sink into.
Weak soils that aren’t able to support a concrete slab. Sometimes the soil under the slab just isn’t strong enough to support the weight.
Expansive soils. Expansive soils are those that swell as they soak up water and shrink as they dry out. Over time, this movement in the soil caused by repeated swelling and shrinking can lead to uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. You’ve probably seen this problem many times in your life. Tree roots push against a slab – often a sidewalk or driveway – and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
The two ”old school” techniques of lifting and leveling a concrete slab are ”mudjacking”, digging up the old slab, and pouring a new one. However, there are problems with both of these methods, and you’ll see that polyurethane foam injection is the best way to lift and level a concrete slab.
In mudjacking, a cement slurry is injected under the slab in order to lift it again. The problem with mudjacking is the weight of the cement slurry. It’s heavy. If the soil was already having trouble supporting the slab, adding even more weight to it via a cement slurry isn’t going to help.
Uneven concrete slabs can also be torn up and replaced by pouring new concrete. However, this solution is both time consuming and expensive. Freshly poured concrete takes time to dry and harden. That means you can’t use the slab right away. There’s going to be some downtime. Also, if the old slab sunk because the soil couldn’t hold it up, the same thing will happen with the new one. You haven’t solved anything.
Of course, you should never even consider the idea of adding additional concrete to a slab in order to even it out. This just adds more weight to it and will cause it to sink even more.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a cost-effective, minimally-invasive procedure that injects a special, super lightweight, and rapidly expanding foam underneath the slab in order to raise and level it. The repair is fast and you can immediately start using the slab again once it’s done.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Martinez CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Martinez CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.