Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Lafayette CA
Are you searching for concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Lafayette CA? If so, you’ve landed on the right page!
At Bay Area Underpinning we level and lift sunken sidewalks, driveways, pool decks, garage floors, and other types of concrete slabs using a minimally-invasive technique called polyurethane foam injection or ”slabjacking”.
For the past 15 years we’ve been working hard to repair foundations, and level and lift concrete slabs in Lafayette, CA. If you’re suffering with an unsightly, unlevel concrete slab, give us a call. We can lift it, level it, and make it beautiful again! Don’t forget to check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Sunken concrete is an eyesore, for sure. However, it’s more than that. Sunken, uneven concrete slabs such as sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks are also trip hazards. If you’re not careful they could result in injuries and even lawsuits.
At Bay Area Underpinning, we’re able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Lafayette, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting via polyurethane foam injection (or ”slabjacking”) are numerous including:
- It’s permanent. Your slab will remain level. Other methods of lifting and leveling a concrete slab such as ”mudjacking” add additional weight to soil that’s already having trouble supporting a sidewalk or some other kind of walkway. This isn’t a solution because the slab will just continue to sink from the additional weight. In contrast, polyurethane foam is very lightweight. It won’t add more weight to the soil which means the slab won’t continue to sink. It will remain level.
- It’s cost-effective. Polyurethane foam injection or ”slabjacking” costs less than tearing up the old slab and pouring new concrete.
- There’s no downtime. With polyurethane foam injection you can use the slab as soon as the repair is complete.
- It’s very lightweight. If a slab is sinking, that last thing you want to do is add more weight to the soil. In contrast to the cement slurry used in mudjacking, polyurethane foam won’t add additional weight to the soil.
- It won’t harm the environment. Because polyurethane foam doesn’t release harmful chemicals into the soil, it’s a green solution you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is unsightly.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Problems with drainage. An excess amount of wash under a concrete slab can cause soil erosion and voids that the slab – sidewalk, pool deck, driveway will then skin into.
Weak soil that can’t support a concrete slab. Not all soil is alike. Some soils simply aren’t able to support the weight of a concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soil get its name from the fact that it expands when it soaks up water and then contracts when it dries out. This creates movement in the soil that over time can lead to uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. You’ve probably seen examples of this. A tree’s roots push against a sidewalk, or some other type of concrete slab, and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Prior to polyurethane foam injection, there were two ways of fixing a sunken concrete slab: mudjacking, and tearing up the sunken slab and then pouring new concrete. Both these methods have significant drawbacks though. As you will see, polyurethane foam injection is the best way to lift and level a sunken concrete slab.
Mudjacking involves using a cement slurry to lift and level a sunken concrete slab. The problem with mudjacking is the weight of the cement slurry. It’s heavy. If the soil was already having trouble supporting the slab, mudjacking isn’t going to help. In fact, it could make the problem worse.
Another method of fixing a sunken concrete slab is to simply dig up the old slab and pour new concrete. It sounds simple enough. However, concrete needs time to dry and harden. In other words, this method of fixing sunken concrete includes a period of downtime where you won’t be able to use the slab. Also, if the old slab sunk because the soil couldn’t support it, replacing the slab isn’t going to fix the problem.
You should never be tempted to add new concrete to a sunken slab thinking it’s going to level it out. Additional concrete only adds more weight to the slab and will cause it to sink even further.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also referred to as ‘’slab jacking’’) involves injecting a lightweight foam under a concrete slab in order to lift and level it. It’s fast, minimally invasive, and doesn’t involve any downtime. After the repair is complete you can immediately start using the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Lafayette CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Lafayette CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.