Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Crockett CA
Have you landed on this page because you’re searching for concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Crockett CA? Well, don’t go away because you’re in the right place! We’re Bay Area Underpinning and since 2005 we’ve been lifting sunken concrete sidewalks, driveways, and more, in Crockett.
If you have an unsightly uneven slab, we can lift it and make it beautiful again using a fast, minimally-invasive procedure known as polyurethane foam injection. Most jobs take no more than a few hours.
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
If you have an uneven concrete slab on your property, don’t wait until someone trips on it and gets injured. Give us a call today and we’ll have it fixed in no time flat.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Crockett, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting – also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection – are many, including:
- It’s a permanent solution. Because polyurethane foam weighs next to nothing, it won’t burden the soil with additional weight. Mudjacking, an older method of lifting sunken slabs, uses a heavy cement slurry to get the job done. However, slabs often sink because the soil can’t hold them up. If so, adding even more weight to the soil will cause the slab to eventually sink even deeper into the ground.
- It’s less expensive than replacing the slab. Concrete lifting via polyurethane foam injection is a cost-effective alternative to digging up the old slab and pouring a new one.
- Most jobs take only 2-3 hours. Polyurethane foam injection is a fast repair method, and after the job is done, you’ll be able to immediately start using the slab again.
- It weighs next to nothing. Polyurethane foam is ultra lightweight, but strong enough to lift a heavy concrete slab.
- It’s environmentally-friendly. You don’t need to worry about polyurethane foam releasing harmful chemicals into the soil.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. Excess water in the soil under a slab can lead to erosion and eventually, voids.
Weak soil. Certain types of soil aren’t able to support something heavy like a concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soils are those that swell as they take on water, and shrink as they release it. This swelling-shrinking cycle will eventually lead to an uneven slab.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Prior to polyurethane foam injection, uneven slabs were fixed either via replacing the slab, or using a repair technique called mudjacking. Neither solution was perfect though, and that’s why today almost all sunken slabs are lifted and leveled using polyurethane foam injection.
The mudjacking procedure involves drilling small holes in the concrete, and then using them to inject a slurry (cement, soil, and water) under the slab. The problem with mudjacking is its use of a cement slurry. Since most slabs become uneven because the soil can’t support them, adding even more weight to the soil is not going to solve the problem. In fact, it could make it worse.
If you want to replace a sunken concrete slab, you first need to dig up the old one. After that, you pour new concrete. This fix takes a considerable amount of time because newly-poured concrete takes time to dry and harden. While it’s doing that, you won’t be able to use the slab. Also, if you have a problem with weak soil, the new slab will sink just as the old one did.
Whatever you do, don’t be tempted to pour new concrete on top of a sunken slab in order to even it out. The added weight could cause the slab to sink even deeper into the soil.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a fast, minimally-invasive repair procedure that involves drilling small holes in the concrete (they’ll be filled in later), and then using them to inject the polyurethane foam under the slab. The foam expands immediately, and this is what lifts the slab back into position. As soon as the repair is complete, you can begin using the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Crockett CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Crockett CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.