Concrete Leveling And Lifting Concord CA
If you have a sunken sidewalk, driveway, pool deck, garage floor or some other type of concrete slab in Concord and need concrete leveling and concrete lifting (also known as slab jacking or polyurethane foam injection), you’ve landed on the right page!
At Bay Area Underpinning we’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Concord, CA since 2005. If you have uneven, unsightly concrete, we can lift, level it, and make it beautiful again! Don’t forget to check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Sunken, uneven concrete sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks are more than just eyesores. They’re trip hazards, and a liability that could result in injuries and even lawsuits. Therefore, it’s not a repair you want to put on the back burner.
We are able to perform concrete leveling and concrete lifting on sunken or settled concrete slabs in Concord, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting – also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection – are numerous:
- It’s permanent. Because polyurethane foam is lightweight it won’t add more weight to the soil. Other methods of leveling sunken concrete – such as mudjacking – might lift the concrete temporarily. However, the weight of the cement slurry used to lift the slab adds even more weight to the soil. If the soil was already having trouble supporting the concrete, eventually the slab will start to sink again.
- It’s cost-effective. Concrete leveling and concrete lifting via polyurethane foam injection is less expensive that replacing the concrete.
- It’s quick. You can use the slab immediately after the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is able to lift and level the concrete without adding extra weight to the soil. This is important because if you use a technique that adds extra weight to the soil – like mudjacking – the slab could continue to sink simply because the soil isn’t able to support it.
- It’s not harmful to the environment. Polyurethane foam doesn’t release harmful chemicals into the soil. Therefore, it’s a green solution
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Problems with drainage. Excess water can wash away the soil under a slab and leave behind voids that the sidewalk, driveway, or pool deck will then sink into.
Weak soil that can’t hold up the slab. Sometimes the soil under the slab simply isn’t strong enough to support the weight.
Expansive soil. This is soil that swells when it soaks up water and shrinks when it dries out. Over time this movement in the soil can cause uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably imagine how this works. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Traditionally, uneven concrete slabs were repaired either via a technique called “mudjacking”, or by tearing up the uneven slab and pouring new concrete. Both methods have significant problems though. We’ll explain both methods and then explain how polyurethane foam injection works and why it’s the best way to lift and level a concrete slab.
Mudjacking involves injecting a cement slurry under the slab in order to lift it back up again. The problem with this method is the fact that the cement slurry is heavy. It’s cement, after all. If the soil was already having trouble supporting the slab, adding more weight to it is only going to cause it to sink even deeper into the soil.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a minimally-invasive, cost-effective procedure that involves injecting a special, lightweight and rapidly expanding foam under the slab in order to lift it back up again. It’s a fast repair, and after it’s complete you can immediately start using the slab again.
Replacing an unlevel concrete slab means tearing up the old one and then pouring new concrete. This is an expensive and time consuming fix. Newly poured concrete takes time to harden and cure. That means a certain amount of downtime until the new slab can be used. Also, if the slab sunk because the soil couldn’t support it, the new slab will suffer the same fate.
Of course, it goes without saying that you should never be tempted to add concrete on top of a slab in order to even it out. This will only add more weight to the slab and cause it to sink at an even faster rate.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Concord CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Concord CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.