Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Calistoga CA
Suffering with an ugly sunken concrete slab such as a sidewalk, driveway, or garage floor in Calistoga? If you need assistance with concrete leveling and lifting in Calistoga CA, don’t hit that back button because you’ve landed on the right page!
We’re Bay Area Underpinning and we’ve been working hard to level and lift sunken concrete slabs in Calistoga, CA since 2005. If you have an uneven concrete slab, don’t despair. We can lift, level it, and make it beautiful again in no time flat! Most jobs take no more than a few hours.
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Sunken slabs aren’t just eyesores. They’re also dangerous safety hazards that could result in injuries – and even lawsuits – if someone trips.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Calistoga, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting – also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection – are many, including:
- It’s a solution that lasts. Polyurethane foam doesn’t weight much at all. Mudjacking – an older method of lifting a sunken slab – uses a heavy cement slurry. This might work temporarily. However, the cement slurry adds even more weight to the soil. This is a problem because slabs often sink because the soil can’t hold them up. Adding even more weight to the soil is not going to solve the problem.
- It’s inexpensive. Concrete leveling and concrete lifting via polyurethane foam injection (also known as “slabjacking”) is a cost-effective alternative to digging up and replacing the slab.
- It usually only takes a few hours. Polyurethane foam injection is a fast procedure and after it’s done, you can immediately begin using the slab again.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is able to lift a slab without adding more weight to the soil.
- It won’t leach harmful chemicals into the soil. Polyurethane foam injection is an environmentally-friendly “green” solution.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. An excess amount of water can wash away soil and create destabilizing voids under the slab.
Weak soil. Not all soils are strong enough to support the weight of a heavy concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soils that those that expand as they soak up moisture, and then shrink as they dry out. This repeated shrinking-swelling cycle can cause slabs to become uneven.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Traditionally, sunken slabs were repaired either via a technique called “mudjacking”, or by ripping up the unlevel slab and pouring a new one. Both these methods have their drawbacks though, and that’s why today, almost all sunken concrete slabs are raised via polyurethane foam injection.
Mudjacking injects a cement-based slurry under the slab in order to lift it back up. However, the slurry – because it contains cement – is heavy. If the soil was already having trouble holding up the slab, adding more weight to it is only going to cause it to sink even deeper.
Replacing a sunken slab involves digging up the old slab and pouring a new one. This is an expensive and time consuming fix because freshly-poured concrete takes time to dry and harden. So, you won’t be able to use your new slab right away. Also, if the old slab became unlevel because the soil wasn’t able to support it, the new slab will suffer the same fate.
Whatever you do, don’t add concrete on top of a slab in order to even it out. This will only add even more weight to the slab and cause it to sink even more.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (commonly referred to as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a minimally-invasive method of lifting a concrete slab by injecting a lightweight and rapidly-expanding foam under it. It’s a fast repair – most jobs usually only take 2-3 hours – and when it’s done you can immediately start using the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Calistoga CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Calistoga CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.