Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Benicia CA
If you’re looking for concrete leveling and concrete lifting services in Benicia CA don’t hit that back button because you’ve landed on the right page. At Bay Area Underpinning we’ve been offering concrete leveling and concrete lifting in Benicia CA for the past 15 years. We use polyurethane foam injection, a fast, minimally-invasive method for lifting and leveling concrete slabs.
Before you leave, scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Uneven concrete is both an eyesore and a safety hazard. If someone gets injured on your property you could find yourself facing a lawsuit. If you have an uneven slab, contact us today and we’ll make it beautiful again!
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Benicia, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting – also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection – are many, including:
- You won’t need to redo it. Concrete slabs usually become uneven because the soil under them isn’t strong enough to support the weight. Two older methods of fixing concrete slabs – digging up the old slab and pouring a new one, and mudjacking – don’t solve this problem. If the problem is weak soil, a new slab will sink just like the old one did, and mudjacking adds even more weight to the soil. In contrast, polyurethane foam is ultra lightweight and able to lift the slab without adding more weight to the soil.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Polyurethane foam injection is less expensive than tearing up the uneven slab and pouring a new one.
- Most repairs take only a few hours. Most slabs can be lifted and leveled in just a few hours, and immediately after the repair is complete, you can begin using the slab again.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam wont burden the soil with additional weight the way mudjacking does.
- It’s an environmentally-friendly “green” solution. Don’t worry. Polyurethane foam won’t release any harmful chemicals into the soil under the slab.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Too much water under the slab. Drainage problems can create a situation where there’s too much water under the slab. This can wash away the soil and leave behind voids.
The soil is unable to support the slab. Not all types of soil are alike. Some are not strong enough to support a heavy concrete slab.
Problems with expansive soil. Expansive soils are those that expand when they soak up moisture, and shrink when they dry out. Over time this seasonal swelling-shrinking cycle can cause uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. Can you picture how this happens? You’ve probably seen it many times in your life. Tree roots push against a slab and cause areas of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
The two ”old school” methods of fixing a sunken, unlevel slab were tearing up and replacing the slab, or mudjacking. Both had drawbacks though. Tearing up a slab and pouring a new one was a time-consuming job because freshly-poured concrete needs time to dry and harden. Mudjacking, on the other hand, uses a heavy cement slurry to lift the concrete which can cause the slab to sink even more. Today, polyurethane foam injection is the method of choice for lifting a sunken concrete slab.
The mudjacking method of lifting a slab involves drilling small holes in the concrete and then using them to inject a cement-based slurry under the slab. The main problem with mudjacking is the fact that a high percentage of slabs become uneven because the soil isn’t able to support them. If this is the case, adding even more weight to the soil isn’t going to help. In fact, it could even cause the slab to sink even deeper into the soil.
When you replace a concrete slab you dig up the old one and then pour fresh concrete. This takes time though because you’ll need to wait until the concrete dries and hardens before you can use the slab. Also, if the soil under the old slab wasn’t able to support it, it won’t be able to support the new slab either.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (sometimes referred to as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a fast, minimally-invasive technique for lifting a concrete slab. It involves drilling holes in the concrete (they will be filled later) and then injecting a super lightweight foam under the slab. As the foam expands – which happens immediately – the slab is lifted and leveled. As soon as the repair has been completed you can start using the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Benicia CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Benicia CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.