Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting American Canyon CA
Did you land on this page because you’re looking for concrete leveling and concrete lifting in American Canyon CA? If so, we have what you’re looking for! We’re Bay Area Underpinning and we’ve been lifting and leveling sunken concrete sidewalks, driveways, pool decks, and more, since 2005.
We lift concrete slabs for residential and commercial customers using a fast, minimally-invasive technique called polyurethane foam injection (also known as slabjacking). Most jobs can be completed in just a few hours and then the slab is ready for use again.
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Don’t wait until someone trips, gets injured, and sues you. Fix your uneven concrete slabs today using polyurethane foam injection.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in American Canyon, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
"*" indicates required fields
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- It’s a one-time repair. Many slabs sink because the soil isn’t able to support them. Mudjacking, another method of lifting sunken concrete, uses a heavy cement slurry to lift the slab. Temporarily, this works. However, the slurry just adds additional weight to the soil, and eventually the slab will start to sink again. Polyurethane foam doesn’t burden the soil with additional weight, and that means your slab will stay lifted.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Digging up and replacing a slab is expensive and time-consuming. Polyurethane foam is a cost-effective alternative.
- Most jobs take only a few hours. Polyurethane foam injection is a fast procedure. You can also use the slab immediately after the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is extremely lightweight and won’t add extra weight to the soil.
- Polyurethane foam won’t harm the environment. Polyurethane foam doesn’t release harmful chemicals into the soil. This makes it a green solution.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Drainage problems. If there’s too much water in the soil under the slab, it can cause erosion and lead to voids.
Weak soil. Not all soils are alike. Some are unable to hold up a heavy concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soil swells when it soaks up water and shrinks when it dries out. This seasonally-related cycle of swelling and shrinking will eventually cause an uneven slab.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
The two “old school” methods of fixing a sunken concrete slab were digging up and replacing the slab, and mudjacking. Both methods were less than ideal though. That’s why today, polyurethane foam injection is the preferred method for lifting and leveling a concrete slab.
Mudjacking uses a cement-based slurry to lift a sunken slab. However, the slurry is heavy because it contains cement. If the soil wasn’t able to support the old slab, it won’t be able to support a slab plus the additional weight of the slurry.
While it’s an expensive and time-consuming fix, digging up the sunken slab and replacing it with a new one certainly seems to solve the problem. However, if the slab became uneven because the soil wasn’t able to support it, what do you think will happen with the new slab? That’s right. It will suffer the same fate, and then you’ll be facing another repair.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is today’s preferred solution for lifting and leveling a sunken concrete slab. It’s minimally-invasive and only take a few hours, tops, after which you can immediately begin using the slab again.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In American Canyon CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in American Canyon CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.
Foundation Repair Reviews
Northern California can depend on us for expert foundation repair and replacement services such as push piers, polyurethane foam injection, helical piers and more.