Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Rocklin CA
Are you struggling with an ugly, sunken sidewalk, pool deck, or some other type of uneven concrete slab in Rocklin CA? Well, if you’re looking for concrete leveling and concrete lifting (also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection) in Rocklin CA, don’t hit that back button because you’re in the right place.
We’re Bay Area Underpinning and we’ve been leveling and lifting uneven concrete slabs in Rocklin, CA since 2005. Right now, your uneven concrete may be an eyesore. But don’t worry. We can make it beautiful again in no time flat!
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page. We’re pretty proud of them!
Sunken Concrete Is Both A Safety Hazard And A Liability
Sunken concrete walkways are serious eyesores. However, they’re also trip hazards, and a liability that could result in injuries followed by a lawsuit. So, don’t put this repair on the back burner.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Rocklin, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
The benefits of concrete leveling and concrete lifting – also known as slabjacking or polyurethane foam injection – are many, including:
- It’s a permanent solution. Polyurethane foam weighs next to nothing and that means it doesn’t add more weight to the soil. Other methods of repairing uneven concrete slabs – for example, mudjacking – might lift the concrete temporarily. However, the cement slurry used in mudjacking is heavy so it adds even more weight to the soil. If the soil was struggling to hold up the slab before, adding more weight to it isn’t the way to go.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Concrete leveling and lifting via poly foam injection doesn’t cost as much as replacing the slab.
- It’s a fast repair. Polyurethane foam injection is a fast procedure and enables you to use the slab as soon as the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam weighs next to nothing. Compare with mudjacking which adds extra weight to the soil. Adding extra weight to soil that’s already having trouble supporting a slab, could cause the slab to sink even deeper into the soil.
- It won’t harm the environment. Polyurethane foam won’t leach harmful chemicals into the ground. Therefore, it’s a green solution that you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink for various reasons including…
Drainage problems. Excess water can wash away soil under a slab leave and behind voids that the slab will sink into.
Soil that can’t support the slab. Not every type of soil is strong enough to support a heavy concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soil swells when it absorbs water and shrinks when it dries out. Over time, this can lead to uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Traditionally, sunken concrete slabs were repaired either via “mudjacking”, or by digging up the uneven slab and pouring a new one. These methods are problematic though. We’ll explain how they work and then we’ll explain how poly foam injection works. You’ll agree with us that poly foam injection is the best way to repair an uneven concrete slab.
Mudjacking lifts and levels an uneven slab by injecting a cement slurry under it. The problem with this method is the cement slurry weighs a lot. If the soil was already struggling to support the slab, adding something heavy to it could cause the slab to sink even deeper.
Concrete replacement means digging up the old slab and pouring a new one. This is an expensive and time consuming repair. A new concrete slab takes time to dry and cure. So, you won’t be able to use it right away. Also, if the slab sunk because the soil couldn’t support it, the new slab will have the same problem. You haven’t solved anything.
You should never add concrete on top of an uneven slab in order to even it out. This just adds more weight to an already sinking slab.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a minimally-invasive, cost-effective procedure that use an extremely lightweight foam to lift a sunken slab. It’s a quick repair, and when it’s done you can start using the slab again right away.
Concrete Leveling And Lifting Services In Rocklin CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Rocklin CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting and leveling your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete leveling and lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.